Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

11.12.2005

I FINISHED THE BEAST.

This thing made me it's bitch. I should be excited about the store credit that I'll spend in about 4 seconds, but I'm most excited about not having to knit this anymore!! It was so much stockinette, and the yarn was not meant to be knit on size 7 needles. It's a really nice yarn, but it's not bulky, not worsted, barely heavy worsted...it was hard to find a pattern for it.

Pattern: Yankee Knitter #8 Mock Cable Pullover or Cardigan
Yarn: Cascade Eco + in 3479


Anyhow, this thing hasn't been blocked, but that didn't stop Eric from using it to do his best Cobain impression.

As if that weren't funny enough, here's the little lady doing some mending:

I'm not modeling today because I haven't showered, too busy finishing THE BEAST. I might take a little break so my hands can recover, but I'm really looking forward to having more time for Christmas gift and maybe a little something to keep me warm...like the Twinkle tube I haven't touched for weeks.

Over and out,

Cirilia

P.S. We had a flurry of Rowan this week at Webs, it was there, then it wasn't. It absolutely disappeared! I was happy about that because the prices were totally awesome and because I was asked for opinions during the buying process. I think I picked some winners (Cork and 4-ply) judging by the whiplash we all have from watching it fly off the shelves!

2 Comments:

Blogger skg said...

YOU FINISHED THE BEAST! *the crowd rejoices*

i hope the sweet taste of a lexi bag is enough to wash out the bitter taste of the beast.

p.s. the pictures of eric are adorable ;-)

3:03 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Your sweetie is the cutest! What a sport to play along.

Amy

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home