Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

3.17.2006

C'est Magnifique!

Saw Stereolab last night at Pearl Street. Very beautiful and reminded me of the bossa nova Drummer Dad is so into. They had projections going, mostly nature films, old newsreels, and geometric psychadelic shapes. Kim Gordon walked by Eric and I a few times, she was instantly recognizable and wearing a very cute hat. I really love that I pass so many farms on my way to work, and so many favorite musicans on my way home. The tour buses park right on the road I take to get to my (non-tour) bus.

This year's Ben Lee present is a doozy. I really love the pillow I made him, and I will be making more for myself and friends. You can read all about it on Craftster.

The back, a Kaffe Fassett print (I think) from Valley Fabrics, our sister craft supply store (there is also a bead store in Craftheaven, I mean Northampton).


Eric's sweater is cruising along. He is going to Wisconsin on Monday and said he is sad that it isn't finished because he was looking forward to showing off what I made him--!!

He thinks the cables look like ribs, I think they look like wishbones, birds taking flight, the Y chromosome, so many things. I love cables!

What else--oh! I highly recommend "Something To Pet the Cat About" by Elizabeth Belliveau, for craft inspiration and quarterlife crisis situations. I leafed through it at Food for Thought books, bought The Blue Pages instead, and upon returning home ordered this online. I can't wait for it to arrive. She is learning how to tattoo which is on my list of Possible (ad)Ventures in Life. I'm finding that my art tastes these days have been toward the illustration-y (Kurt Halsey, Seonna Hong, Elizabeth, etc.). Wonder if that means I'm regressing to childhood?


Criminy, I have to get ready for my vacation (read: overnight road trip to Burlington)!

Love,

Cirilia

P.S. I'm officially doing some designs for work, which I'm trying not to do a backflip over. Blogging will probably take a backburner to work I'm doing for the store.

P.P.S. Eric found a sweet apartment listing which has hardwood floors, lower rent, is next to The Book Mill/Lady Killigrew, allows kitties and most importantly of all, the possibility of me having a craft STUDIO. Fingers crossed!

4 Comments:

Blogger MelissaKnits said...

Did you know that your prospective town is about ten minutes by backroads from my town? And that my husband has a wide range of bike routes through the area and into surrounding towns, ranging from 15 - 30 miles? And that while I am totally stoked about starting the Cycling Aran, I keep getting little hints about the Dale sweater I started and never finished, and on top of that we have a May 1 deadline....gAAaack!

10:36 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

The apartment sounds great. I'll keep my fingers crossed for y'all.

Amy

10:54 AM  
Blogger Lara M said...

hi there!
yes yours is the blog link he sent! ben, connector of knitters i've saved your blog page and i'm looking forward to reading your adventures on the plane to mebourne tomorrow..
damnit, you are so so so so sweet to bring me chocolate, i got myself nice and choco-high today in the long van ride,
big love to you cirilia xxxx

5:32 PM  
Blogger skg said...

i am SO thrilled to hear you are designing for work? what yarns are you designing for?

i am also totally jealous about the apartment by the book mill. fantastic. the pillow is gorgeous and so is eric's sweater!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home