Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

3.21.2006

A mandala made of sand...

Two studies in edging. These are both for the edges of the alpaca/silk sweater I'm working on. I only have one ball of this new Valley Yarn's Deerfield to work with, so I've been knitting and unravelling all night. These are two favorites, both from Barbara Walker #2.

Cobweb frill:

Fan:

I think I'm leaning toward Cobweb Frill, but it might be a little too...gothic?

I've got another knitting related modeling job, Top Secret affair ;)

This has been such a hilariously unexpected year off...if the letter finally gets here and contains good news, I think I might be sad to leave it all.

I've been with Bonnie in Lowell for the past day. Her new dwelling is adorable, we gorged on soul food and girl talk. Look at these trees from her front yard:

They remind me of us!

Much love,

Cirilia

P.S.: I forgot to mention that my subject line is a reference to a NEW Ben Lee (who else?) song. Podcaster pinkBeltRAGE has posted a video clip of this beautiful tune that's been stuck in my head since last week. I also forgot to mention that I totally want to make this dress:



Maybe if I locked myself in a room with a bag of Dewberry Kidsilk Haze I could do it!

8 Comments:

Blogger skg said...

new valley yarn? what's this?

i like the cobweb, definitely.

p.s. what do you think of the new vogue knitting? gotten the trunk show yet?

9:13 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I vote for the cob web too.

Amy

9:54 PM  
Blogger MelissaKnits said...

cobweb, IMHO. I think the fan does not speak to the intent of the piece. And I am crossing my fingers that all bosses agree!

And why can't we have 10 BAGS EACH of the new yarns all right this minute?

4:33 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Oh that last dress is so gorgeous and delicate! I can't stand it. I can't stop looking at it.

And re: silk garden 234 - I actually LIKE the yellow, the only color I can't stand is the blue! I think it sticks out like a sore thumb, haha.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Lara M said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Lara M said...

yum alert, i love all these pictures. i bought a book about knitting patterns/motifs that has really gorgeous edgings in it too. the dress is great! you'l do it one day..
la x

11:52 AM  
Blogger D said...

I just had to comment to let you know that your blog is one of my favorites. You make amazing stuff!!

Anyways, I like the cobweb edging.

9:01 PM  
Blogger anky said...

Oh my god, I luuuuuuuurve that dress! Where's the pattern from?

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home