Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

3.01.2006

Slightly ashamed.

I didn't finish my Olympic sweater, but I totally could have. Knitting at 2 sts/inch makes it quick even for me, World's Most A.D.D. Knitter. The weird thing is, when I returned from Stitches, I didn't feel like knitting a single stitch. I was exhausted and totally yarn-ed out. I did manage to pick up some lovely, lovely yarn.

Aren't these cute? They look like little candies! They are kid mohair and silk, and there is enough yardage to make a couple of lacy scarves.

THIS was the highlight of the yarn feast! Brooks Farm Yarn, which everyone raved about from Rhinebeck was totally stunning. I got a skein a day, and for 500 beautifully dyed yards of kid mohair, 30-something dollars didn't feel like a lot at all. These will probably all end up as big dramatic scarf/wraps, I've been combing the BW's for nice lace patterns.


To be quite honest, I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed by the volume of patterns I unearth and want to knit. I'm a slow and distractable knitter and it's really difficult to be surrounding my the latest and greatest all the time.

In addition to all that, I'm feeling like I need to be devoting WAY more time to reading up for graduate school. All of those books are collecting dust and I really don't want any cobwebs to form in the academic part of my brain while I'm busy playing around with fiber.

This post is uber-lame because I'm getting sucked into the Project Runway finale. I'd better get back to this later...

CR ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

The Brooks Farm stuff is amazing. I begged them to sell it to me wholesale for the shop, to no avail. Boo hoo!

Amy

8:53 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I know what you mean ... I always have patterns I want to knit, and not nearly enough time!!

10:59 AM  
Blogger skg said...

ooh, that yarn looks gorgeous! i hope you had fun at stitches, but i totally understand about being yarn-ed out. that's why i didn't blog much towards the end of my WEBS time. (tell everyone hi and i miss them, though!)

p.s. i LOVE project runway! who do you want to win?

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home