Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

3.06.2006

What to do?

Eric has a bit of break from his studies starting on St. Patrick's Day. We've been wanting to shake off the hibernation habit we fell into by taking a little trip. The cold of winter is somewhat bad for homebodies with quiet hobbies...we love sitting absorbed in our little endeavors, but we both get the sense that there is a lot we're missing.

There are two road trip options. One is New York City, the other Burlington, VT. I'm pulling for Burlington because you-know-who and new blogger Lara will be playing there...

But I'm just happy at the thought of travel, and of something new. I'm much too singular in my interests these days, and that has to end.

CR

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Vermont sounds more romantic. Either would be fun.

Amy

4:53 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I went to Burlington once, a few years ago, and I loved it! It's sort of a long trip, though. I want to go back but I can't get Brian to drive me, haha!

5:01 PM  
Blogger MelissaKnits said...

Burlington, Burlington, Burlington.
'Homebodies with quiet hobbies' are definately Burlington people! Of course, I've never been to NYC proper other than a drive-by viewing of Times Square...but I love Burlington. We try to go once a year for an overnight.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Aw Cirilia, thanks for all the comments, and the blogroll add! I haven't seen either of those films (but I remember you blogging about the first one!), so I've added them to my Netflix queue. I'll definitely let you know the next time I'm in the Northampton area! As for stuff to do in Burlington, I remember there were a bunch of cute little interesting shops in the main part of town, and of course there's the Ben & Jerry's factory nearby, mmm.

(PS don't you wish Blogger had a function where you could just reply to a comment via email?)

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home