Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

5.13.2006

Blogger's block.

I've got it. No good reason, I just have been feeling a little burnt (burned?) out by the 24-7 yarnfest that is my life. There are way too many things I want to knit and since I'm trying to sleep/read/exercise more, I almost feel resentful of knitting sometimes. Is that crazy, to have a contentious relationship with an inanimate thing? Don't answer, I know it is.

Things that are good:

1. A cloche I designed was accepted and will appear in a book edited by Gwen Steege at Storey Publishing. It is due out this November and the best part is that all the patterns submitted by my Webs coworkers were accepted!

2. My knitting model career just gets better and better--now I'm going to be appearing on the cover of the next Webs catalog, as well as in the ads that go in Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting--eep. I'll be modeling the gorgeous Guernsey designed by my co-teacher and co-worker Kirsten. iIf you ever call Webs, there is a good chance you've talked to her. I make fun of her for the way she coos "Hello, Webs", like a knittin' vixen.

3. On a particularly draining day I came home to this, compliments of Chef Eric:

Sorry for using the hardwood floors as a go-to background, I can't help it. I stroke them and croon the James Blunt song to them daily (your're BEAUtiful, you're BEAUtiful, it's truuue....")

And sorry for the lackluster posting.

Cirilia

5 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Lackluster? Please! It is so awesome that you are going to be an international knitting model. Maybe I should call Interweave and ask them to replace the boring curly haired red head girl that they use for EVERYTHING with you.

Amy

3:45 AM  
Blogger MelissaKnits said...

I like the redhaired girl in IK...HOWEVER, I think adding a little CR would only improve the mag, I second the notion. We should put you in for an IK contract.

Hey, I have not knitted in two days I think. DAYS. Weird. ANd I still have not listened to the CD...Lazy! No, not lazy, No time.

5:07 AM  
Blogger matt dineen said...

hey cirilia, awesome blog! i just found it and am very impressed. are you coming to my going away party tomorrow night? i'm leaving for the midwest monday!

8:29 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

the blue rose apron is yours, but so is the other one, if you want it. i'll bring it to webs later in the week.

2:27 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

I was listening to NPR the other day and they were discussing the pros and cons of doing what you love for a living. It seems like there wouldn't be any cons but when something you love to do becomes something you have to do resentment can kick in. The way I see it to ascend any peak you have to go through a valley and life is a series of peaks and valleys.

How exciting about your design being accepted AND your modeling!

I can't believe I missed/didn't go to the tent sale. I was looking at all the yarn I still have from last years tent sale and figured I better knit some of it before I buy anymore :-)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home