Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

11.20.2006

Enid, anyone?

Does anyone know of a knit-along for Veronik Avery's Enid cardigan in the latest Interweave?

I loved it in the magazine and even more when I saw it at Stitches East--the details on this sweater are fantastic and I think it's the perfect balance between challenging (for me) techniques and long stretches of stockinette in the round that I can do while reading. Which is all the time.

I have concerns about this off the shoulder issue, though. Could it just be a poor fit for the model, or does that look like a design flaw?

I'm pretty terrible at knit-alongs and have joined several and then put the sweaters aside. Because of this knitter's A.D.D. I don't think I want to be the head of a knit-along. Then again, I have been much better at finishing things lately. In fact, Eric's Cycling Aran is all done, just waiting on a zipper!

Time to go proctor an exam (whoo hoo!),

CR

4 Comments:

Blogger MelissaKnits said...

think it may just be model position, with arms up and hands prayer-folded possibly creating that. knit it, and then we'll know!

6:28 PM  
Blogger jess said...

imho, it's the photo creating that gap.

7:04 PM  
Blogger KateB said...

Couldn't you just keep decreasing at the neck until it's less flash-dancy?

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here I am, swooping in to save you! Reply to my comment so I have an email address to send you an invite to be a contributor on the Knit Along blog! I'm so glad you'll be joining us!

By the way, I think it's just a wide boat neck, and not "off the shoulder."

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home