Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

6.13.2007

Shedding!

Thank you to everyone who purchased yarn from my destashing sale! I still have quite a bit of good stuff if you're looking for some cheap stash enhancement.

I've cast on some new projects. Don't roll your eyes, I might actually finish these!! The first is so addictive to knit and such a cool shape that I might actually complete my goal of knitting and wearing a garment in the SAME SEASON. I quickly fell for Coachella in the new Knitty as it covers up an unfortunate tattoo I have (racerback=my friend). Details to follow!

Speaking of Knitty, Gudrun Johnson, a former student of mine and loyal Webs customer scored the cover, deservedly so!! Looks like her daughter will be joining me in the elite ranks (ha) of knitwear supermodels!

I'm using another Knitty pattern for my sock pal socks (after many, many starts I've finally settled on a yarn and pattern): Sweet Pea in Socks that Rock Silkie, Beryl. She professed a new love for green and lace (funny, those were MY preferences) so I ripped the pink baby cable socks I'd started and cast on for these. I realize I'm under the gun but I have a bit of travel in my future so I'm planning to bring these along. I finished a pair of socks the last time I visited Mom in D.C. so maybe the luck will continue!

The real reason I'm posting is because of Berroco--have you seen the fall preview?! I am totally, totally INFATUATED with the following (and one of the new yarns, Ultra Alpaca LITE anyone?!):

Kaino:


Annikki:




Chantal:


Manon:

Peso:



Pinot:




Also adorable: Aune, Aamu, Parchesi, Poska, Piccolo, Josepha. The Stash and Burn ladies recently sung the praises of KnitBits and the free pattern archive on Berroco.com and I have to second them. The patterns are always well-written and I have to say, my Berroco sweater is one of the only ones I actually wear.

Enough gushing for one day,

CR

Labels: , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Always nice to have a good gush I say! Thanks so much for mentioning me on your blog....I feel very priveledged.
Gudrun
PS (I love that caridgan-Chantal)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Chloe Bee said...

Chantal is certainly on my list of things to knit! Hi ladylove! How are you?

8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh gosh, wow! Berocco has disappointed in the past, but this looks like a winner! Thanks for posting about it, I'll be sure to add some of it to my ridiculously huge to-knit list!

may
mayflwr.typepad.com

12:34 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

I liked Coachella for the very same reason!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Annikki looks just like that gorgeous Jo Sharp coat we have in the store. Mmmm.

4:29 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

I want to cast on for Chantal right now :-) Would have been great through my pregnancy too...

5:27 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I agree....Berroco has some great stuff for fall that even I am excited about. I can't wait until we get them in.
KnitBits is also great (though sometimes they do miss the mark). I'm actually working on a KnitBits project from two weeks (Polkadot) ago for niece-extraordinaire, Chelsea.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I can see why your gushing!!! Those are so lovely sweaters! Thanks for the links!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can email me your address at createdbychancy@yahoo.com for the Koigu.

1:43 PM  
Blogger tiffany... said...

ha ha ha... guess who i saw today while downtown... or, rather... who spotted me! finally!
i need to start a new knitting project... i have nothing right now...
tiffanymjewell [at] gmail.com

have a lovely friday my dear

8:22 PM  
Blogger Huelo said...

are you SURE that's Berroco? I think you're lying.
Thanks for lightening my load (and increasing its cashmere content) last week. Let's do lots of knitting in July.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home