Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

7.31.2007

Eep!

Yesterday was almost TOO exciting! Kathy and I were talking about being mini-bloggers in a world of blog superstars. That prompted me to go and check my stats (I used Statcounter) which is always fun. My favorite feature is the map--I love seeing that someone in Turkey is reading me! I don't get the flood of comments that some bloggers get...I try not to speculate about why, but my main theory is that my entries are long and text heavy, I'm guessing most people skim them heavily. Anyhow, yesterday I saw a rather engorged number of hits and I went to Visitor paths to see who had linked to me...it was none other that Blueprint Magazine!! I love Blueprint, and I'm using the magazine pretty heavily in my academic work. Last semester I compared the aesthetic of Blueprint with an indie DIY zine compliation. Through content analysis I tried to prove that there are simultaneous parallel DIY movements going on right now. My basic point? Let's get together, yeah yeah yeah! I'm trying to develop a home economics curriculum based on critical theory and texts in the consumer culture 'canon', not that there IS one =)

Oh, did I tell you? Eric is blogging these days. AND modeling!



Well, not exactly, but this doppelganger freaked us out! Eric usually wears the exact same hat and some variation of that plaid shirt. Here is a profile pic for comparison (handsome, no?)



To to keep it manly, here is Zach, a Webs intern, modeling a men's sweater (in the mailroom, natch) that will be available this fall. It's knit from the top down (our designer coordinator's speciality) in Berkshire Bulky--fast!



There is much more to blog about but I have to get to work. I'm on a special mission for Nicole from Stash and Burn (it's just more excitement!) More later!

Tschau,

CR

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger gobeartrap said...

good god you need clearance for that

8:19 AM  
Blogger Twisted Knitter said...

Most of the time, I read every word, rarely skimming. I love your photo- and text-heavy posts and the unique perspective you bring to knitblogging.

Congratulations on the link-love from Blueprint!

8:50 AM  
Blogger s.i. michaels said...

How cool to have been linked by 'Blueprint'! Especially given your reciprocating love for them.

I, too, read every word. And not to get gushy, but I stopped reading most knitting blogs ages ago (even yarn harlot) because I just have not been inspired by yarn (sewing & jewelry making suit my ADD nature a bit more, I think). Not that I won't ever knit again--I do have plans pretty much constantly cycling in my head. But I keep up with this blog for a variety of reasons and have no plans to quit (or skim :D)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Stella said...

Congrats on the linky! I just started reading your blog pretty recently, but I love it.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Elizzabetty said...

The Blueprint link is so cool! Hope it drives lots of traffic your way.

I've been reading your blog for quite a while now, even though I don't always leave comments and I'm too shy to say "Hi" at Webs. Some day...

7:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

congrats on the blueprint mention. so cool!

i think maybe having to log in to comment deters potential commenters. i've been guilty of doing that...

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for blueprint! i always describe it as "ready made but with really good design and actually things I would do catering towards the rest of the population that doesnt live in a crappy studio in brooklyn." i do love martha. and not afraid to admit it.

i immediately signed up for statcounter. now i have to train myself not to check it daily. (not a lot of commmenters, either, and I always wonder if I am writing and posting and creating into the ether).

i like your wordy posts. makes me feel like i am getting to know you. and i am wordy, too....

4:34 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Delurking to say that I do read :) And enjoy your posts a lot. Congrats on the Blueprint link!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Gudrun Johnston said...

Hi Cirilia,
I'm tagging you to list 8 random things about yourself and then tag 8 others. Obviously if you've already done it, or don't care too, then disregard this!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I snagged the Stat Counter from your link and I love the map feature! Seeing where my few readers are is pretty interesting.

I started reading your blog way back on livejournal, and left you a comment there about being frustrated with knitting and you gave some sage advice that got me hooked (that was probably three years ago, and I've been knitting ever since...)!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Nicole and Jenny (aka Stash and Burn) said...

You are in Blueprint! That is super cool. Congratulations!

Thanks again for your help with my special mission. I got the message that my yarn shipped yesterday, so now I wait for UPS to arrive!

P.S. I love that sweater in Berkshire!

nicole.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home