Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

7.16.2007

Welcome to Linkland...

I am still without photodock, so no photos can be uploaded. The battery life is pulling one of those biblical stretches of longevity, I'm trying to avoid creating too much of a backlog for myself. To compensate, it appears I've gotten a little link happy.

TKGA was, to quote Count Blah once again (scroll way down), 'aiii-ig-it'. Kathy and I were immediately deflated when we learned that Brooks Farm had to cancel due to floods in Texas. Our sadness about this was at least 51% not about yarn. I'll be making my usual beeline to them at Rhinebeck.

There were some purchases, a skein of deliciously speckled Koigu for a Purl beret (not unlike the birthday cake version I got at Stitches West), some hilarious albino (#269) Silk Garden, Lexie bags and some patterns I'm really excited about: a steeked Fair Isle wrap knit in Reynolds Whiskey (if I ever finish Enid I'm sure to have leftovers to work with) and a drop dead cute cardigan with (channeling Anne Shirley) short PUFFED SLEEVES. I'm sorry I can't link to either of these, Google yields nothing! I do know that the latter is a new Jordana Paige design for Stitch Diva and it's called the Trapeze Jacket. I love their patterns with all the excellent information but the layouts are so cramped, it gives me mee-graine!

TOO BAD IT ISN'T AS USER FRIENDLY AS....RAVELRY!! What else?? Just as Kathy and I were flagging on a slow Saturday in the booth, Jess and Casey stroll by, causing me to short circuit. Speaking of Johnny Five, I can totally picture the two of them replicating the encyclopedia massacre, hands flailing saying "Imput, moorrrre IMMMPUT!"


Picture borrowed from Jess, but I'll post my own when my dock arrives. Fun fact: out of all the Ravelers, my #1 neighbor (based on # of projects we have in common) is Jess! Casey is on the verge of joining the ranks of needleworking men, who never cease to amaze me with their fearlessness. I almost pulled one of these:


More later, with pictures (bitte Mutter, padded envelope, automated mailing center...I will send yarn in exchange...)

CR

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "puffed sleeves" section of Anne has always been one of my favorites!!!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Any blog post that quotes both Anne of Green Gables & Gang of Four has me swooning!!

I should be pulling the Wayne & Garth move over the coolness of this post! :)

1:51 PM  
Blogger kelli ann said...

haha. love the waynes world picture!

just wanted to stop by and say your knitting looks great! i'm always searching around for knitters my age who make things that i like.

8:26 PM  
Blogger MelissaKnits said...

um.
dude.
what are you guys doing with with woobie and toot?

4:43 AM  
Blogger hotsauce said...

I just tried to buy some Koigu to make a purl beret too. I'm glad someone succeeded.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just realized in the last comment owen was logged in th gmail/blogger instead of me. i bet that was slightly confusing. sorry.

if you look, i am in the middle (on the blog, in real life it is finished!) the purl beret. it is a great and super easy and fast pattern! and only 1 sk of koigu- you cant beat that!

i am excited to see the two new patterns. both sound really awesome.

are you going to be in the valley on august 17th? i have to get a tooth pulled (long story) in the afternoon, but i think some retail therapy pre-op is in order....

-k

9:48 AM  
Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Thanks again for joining beaded, nice blog you got goin' here.....just gotta tell ya, Brooks Farm made it to Estes Park Wool Market, yes, I got three balls of it to try out!!!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home