Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

11.01.2007

Post monster!

I don't know what has gotten into me, posting three times in one week. Maybe I'm inspired by the NaBloPoMo participants? Or maybe it's that there are some exciting things happening. First one: Lexie is looking for ladies (actually, I'm sure dudes are welcome too, I just like alliteration!). She really means it when she says "All ages, ethnicities, shapes, and sizes are encouraged to submit an entry," this is the woman who lets/loves for me come to photo shoots with chipped black nail polish and whatever Van's slip-ons I'm wearing that day. You can probably tell from her bags but Lexie's aesthetic is one of kind, and now you can be a part of it!

When I mentioned Norah Gaughan's exclusive to Webs (for the next two weeks at least) Lotus Cardigan, I did NOT give it it's due. Here is a better picture (still pretty bad though, photographing catalog paper is difficult and I struggle with digital photography in general):



It was knit by Andra Asars, a woman I'm proud to call my adopted yarn mentor. She is brilliant at what she does, including whipping out perfect, custom-sized garments like this one in about two weeks. Here is us at Stitches watching the Red Sox, fanciest fans ever! We look like a demure Betty and Veronica, no?

A sample garment of hers went missing at Stitches...if anyone has a friend who "whips up" a size 42" red Chantal in a record amount of time...please let me know. It is sad to lose garments this way, and it happens way more than it should. You'd think fellow knitters would understand how many hours go into sample garments.





CR

P.S. If you're watching the Office and you squeal at the amazingness of the Finer Things Club and your boyfriend immediately suggests "You should make a Ravelry group for it!" you MIGHT be addicted to Ravelry.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

That sweater looks great on you. Because of you, I've just queued it! I'll have to look for yarn when I am at my annual day-after-Thanksgiving WEBS trip.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Elizzabetty said...

I've got that same blog-posting bug, but I think it's because I've got three class assignments due this weekend and I'd much rather be blogging.

Shame on anyone who steals sample garments. I hope the knitting mojo bites them in the ass.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

If you start a Finer Things Club on Ravelry, I'll definitely join! Although I don't know what we would talk about. Bone china versus porcelain? Cashmere versus cashmere blends? Discuss.

Ah, I love The Office.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I love The Office. Last night may have been my favorite episode to date.
I also just wanted to say that that sweater looks amazing! I'll have to add it to my queue. I have 9 skeins of Silk Garden to use in the perfect project.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Julie @ J. Knits said...

Ummmm...hello! Your blog is awesome! I agree about Andra. She's my mentor too. Drop me an email sometime! I'd love to send you some yarn to mess around with ;-) Bye! Julie @ J. Knits!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

The cardigan is great -- I didn't realize there was a Ravelry queue already. I should have known ;-)

That is awful that someone would take the sample garment. It's not a free sample!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like you're in the Winter Interweave as well. Right on.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Veronique said...

That is an awesome cardigan! Good use of self-striping yarn. Off to the queue it goes :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger tiffany... said...

i'm back in the knitting mode... summer equals nonstop sewing and autumn and winter are for knitting and more knitting!
the sweater is lovely...
oh, how i have so many things on my knitting to do list and not enough time to do them all!
thanks for the wool heads up... i actually scored some lovely lovely wool from the very same easthampton folks at fiber twist a few weekends ago! another to do... but, this time, it's sewing a jacket! yikes!
(i totally loved the office and still have the dunder mifflin song in my head from two weeks ago... ah... to the finer things!)

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home