Skrilla Knits

Knitting has long been considered antiquated, something for grandmas and whipped little housewives. That just isn't true. Knitting is one of those minute to learn, lifetime to master deals, and I'm in it for the long haul.

11.14.2007

Undoing, thy name is:


And it had to arrive the week I have a major, must get an A paper in which I have to "engage" readings from the following big guns: Antonio Gramsci, Kenneth Burke, J.L. Austin, Jurgen Habermas, Erving Goffman, Raymond Willimas and John Searle. No biggie, right? Ain't nothing but a 20th century language theorist's paaaaaaartaaaay...all I have to say is, where my ladies at?


Speaking of modeling, I did some hand modeling last week, for Edie Eckman's next book. I kind of have man-hands, so I found this amusing. They aren't going to get any prettier if I keep beating up on them with this crazy game. Eric has already requested a knitted wristband for padding! Oof. I can't help the addiction, they're the songs of my youth--from the 80s (Guns and Roses, Foghat, Dead Kennedy's) to the mid 90s (Weezer, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against the Machine)...I'm such a Nintendo sucker, and I'm already coveting a DS Lite with the brain-builder vocabulary/memory/hand-eye coordination improving games! Wow. I'm a geek.

CR

Labels: , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Ink and Indigo said...

I'm with you on the tussling with Gramsci & Habermas/ coveting a DS Lite. Maybe they can create a brain train that surreptitiously imbues us with substantial knowledge of fiddly theorists?

12:46 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

AHHH Guitar Hero!! I got it for Ed for hi b-day and I think I've played it more than him...seriously cutting into my holiday knitting schedule!!

AND I LOVE my DS Lite...it's pink of course :)

4:57 AM  
Blogger Meliabella said...

Oh man. The last two Christmases the boys spent the whole day playing that and I'm sure this year will be no different. ;)

5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we broke open our guitar hero last night--smack in the middle of a workweek from hell, but i stayed up until the wee hours playing anyway. so addictive!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

I'm ashamed to say that I've never played guitar hero. I don't have a gaming system, and even though I'd like to get one, I know I'd never knit or get any writing done if I did!

6:41 AM  
Blogger The Amy said...

Thankfully I don't own Guitar Hero, but my friends do. I've been known to go over to their house for the sole purpose of playing the game.

They're trying to convince me to take next Wednesday off (it makes sense, being the day before Thanksgiving), so I that could hang out at their place and play Rock Band all day. And I'm sorely tempted to give in.

6:55 AM  
Blogger evergreenknits said...

Habermas?? Good lord. p-a-i-n-f-u-l

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got my DS for my 21st birthday after my 11 year old niece let me use hers while she was at camp. It's awesome, but it can get in the way of work (like how I should've been working on a paper last night but instead played until 2am)...

10:02 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I'm dying to see the new Lexie stuff- are you going to TNNA with Kathy and Steve?

12:53 PM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

I have put down my guitar for a little Wii Zelda, but not for long. I miss my 80s GH right now.

9:28 AM  
Blogger khonmanrak said...

ลงประกาศฟรี,ลงโฆษณาฟรี,ภาพเคลื่อนไหว,ภาพพื้นหลัง

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home